Friday, July 21, 2006

Alienating Displacements
















"I've been in the midsts of a bit of an intellectual nervous breakdown for the last couple of weeks (okay, I'm being melodramatic, kinda), wondering where, if anywhere, I stand with respect to any particular philosophical issue. This is why I've been writing little here. In a nutshell, I've been a little ball of anxiety, curled up in agony, void of thought, bemoaning my lack of commitments and the manner in which I experience myself as whatever I happen to be reading at the time, and feeling as if I'm a sham or a mere semblance (of course, this isn't so bad from a psychoanalytic perspective). Okay, and this isn't simply about philosophical commitments, but also has to do with reading Koyre's From Closed World to Infinite Universe before bed and thinking entirely too much about what it means to be in an infinite universe without center, fixity, or orienation ..."

... from a recent addition to the blogosphere, the Brilliant new blog, Larval Subjects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home